It has been simply forever since I have posted. My apologies. I knew that life would speed up when I started this Dietetic Internship, but I didn’t expect it to be this fast paced. I am already headed into 6 months of the internship! I have completed rotations with the local WIC program, an Outpatient Diabetes Clinic, Cheyenne Regional Medical Center and I recently started a rotation with the Weld County School District’s Food Service. I have learned A LOT during this season of eating, sleeping and dreaming nutrition. Now, there are only 4 months to go! Time is just flying!
BUT there’s more. About a month into the internship, we found out that we’re pregnant! Yep! We are due March 12th with our first little nugget and I am already 22 weeks along!! Life is flying by, but the timing of this looks like it is going to work out very well. The plan is to finish the internship in February, and then I will be due about a month later.
Here are a few of the interesting “symptoms” I have had:
- Cravings: Strangely enough… nothing! Most of the time I just get grossed out if I think too much about what I want to eat. However, for the past 5 months I have had a mundane attitude towards coffee. What?! This was cue #1 that something was “up”.
- Exhaustion. Cue #2 that something was “up”- I started falling asleep on the couch at 7 PM. Now, I simply cannot function on less than 9+ hours of sleep now. That doesn’t always work out well for me with my current schedule.
- Crying randomly at the most random things. Hormones are great. Poor David. 🙂
- When the 4th pregnancy test showed up positive. It took me 4 tests before I actually believed it!
- Feeling the baby to move. I am pretty sure he is going to be a percussionist like his dad based on how often he is “drumming”.
- Yes, I said HE! Other best moment: finding out it’s a boy! Although I didn’t have a preference, I was just certain (for who knows what reason) for the first 16 weeks that it was a girl. And I was wrong! But I am just fine with that… I LOVED having an older brother. He was protective, kind, wise, etc. I am SO excited to have this little bean be a boy.
- Having David feel the baby move. It felt pretty real at that moment.
We are counting our blessings. This baby is going to rock our lives in an amazing way… and we couldn’t be more excited.