Whew. 30 weeks already. Time continues to FLY by! Here is a little recap of these last few weeks.
Christmas was wonderful. We missed our family in Texas (we changed plans last minute to not travel in the third trimester), but it makes it much better knowing that I will see them soon! We had a great time celebrating the holidays with our Colorado family and friends. I had a full week and a half off from the internship which meant relaxing, sleeping in, spending time with family & friends, and working on a baby room!!
After getting 5 different grey sample paints from Home Depot, we finally decided on a color. David and Kara painted the entire baby room in a day! It looks so great! It made it feel a little more “real” to see the room start to transform.
And to end the long break, we had a quick but wonderful visit from one of my dearest friends, Julie! It was so great to get to catch up in person, play some cards, drink some cocoa, and just enjoy having her in Colorado. She just left and I miss her already.
Here is the baby update for the week:
- Hormones. Oh yes. Crying at the littlest things like previews, music, etc. It’s a bit ridiculous.
- Nausea: I started taking extra iron every few days to help with the anemia, and oh my goodness. I will NOT try taking that in the middle of the day with food again. Nasty.
- Dreams: Bizarre. Since I have to use the restroom quite a bit more often lately, a lot of my dreams involve me trying desperately to find a bathroom. A few nights ago I had a dream that I was in a warehouse full of bathroom stalls but I couldn’t find one that actually had a toilet.
- Cravings: I currently am into non-fat, decaf, almond lattes with whip cream (yes, it’s a mouthful). Don’t know how I came up with that combination, but it is amazing. It would be so much cheaper if I could make espresso at home!!
- Fatigue: Yes! Up until week 29 I was falling asleep at the most absurd hours (cough, 7:30 pm on the couch). But now, even though I find myself exhausted all the time, I lie awake in bed for a good hour before I can fall asleep and wake up several times in the night. Not a big fan of this phase.
- Aversions: Yep. It changes by the hour though. I made a vegetarian chili that I usually love a few days ago and could only take a few bites. David was in charge of making the leftovers not go to waste. 🙂
- Back pain: Yes. Much more than before. But I had a prenatal massage last week which was AMAZING.
Currently looking forward to:
- Continuing to piece together the baby room.
- The last 6 weeks of this dietetic internship! Holy Cow. I never thought I would see the day.
- A wedding! My sis in law is engaged!!!
- My nephew’s due date. 2 weeks!!
- And of course, meeting the little one that has consumed my thoughts, prayers, and heart for the past 7+ months.
And finally, here is a picture from right before Christmas. I was 28 weeks here! I am so thankful that Michelle is documenting this pregnancy!